Who are we?
We are SCOPE, the Students’ Committee Obsessively Passionate about English! We all are students in the English department that want to make a difference!
What do we do?
Well, first are foremost, we represent YOU students. We do so in several ways:
- We attend the “Assemblées de section”, average twice a year. During these assemblées, we discuss and we participate in important decisions regarding the department, for example regarding plans d’études and programmes, we talk about budgets, and we discuss problems and to-be improvements in the department. (Yes, I’m afraid you have to thank us – and well the teachers as well of course – for a compulsory reading of Beowulf in the 1st year!)
- We organize the parties: the how, the where and the when. We try to make them as agreeable, friendly, fun and as varied as possible, of course! And well, it’s fair to say we did a great job out of it so far.
- We organize conferences. To get students interested in academic events such as conferences, we decided to organize short venues that can be apparented to lectures, but with an invited guest speaker. We wanted to have conferences that are accessible for students, and we hope you’ll enjoy them!
- We have the Creative Writing Club. Those of us that like to write but in an unacademic frame and that have wild imaginations joined together to create the club. We meet up monthly to share texts we write and help each other out!
- We have the Food+Poetry Club. For those of us that just can’t get enough of poetry (and/or food), we meet up monthly to read poetry together (and eat)!
- We participate actively in the life of the department. We’re everywhere (in a non-creepy way)! We try to attend all the conferences, the celebratory cafés, and the trips of course, we help out in M.U.S.E. and in the plays that are frequently put on… everywhere, I’m telling you!
- We answer your questions. In case you have technical/administrative/dialectic/personal issues with anything and everything and feel like we’d be able (or even if we aren’t, we’ll try!) to help you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- We also have a Facebook page.
Looking forward to meet you all!